The XIXth International Conference «Сomplex Systems: Control and Modeling Problems» was held in Samara on September 12-15, 2017. The conference traditionally was organized by the Institute for the Control of Complex Systems of the Russian Academy of Sciences (ICCS RAS) with assistance of the International Association on Mathematical and Computer Modeling IMACS), the Russian National Committee for Automatic Control and with participation of the Volga State University of Telecommunications and Informatics, as well as the software engineering company «Smart Solutions».
The conference was attended by 166 people, representing 52 organizations from 4 countries and 18 cities in Russia and abroad. 42 of them were young participants under the age of 35.
Within the conference, the results of scientific research of scientists and specialists from Great Britain (Open University of Great Britain, Center for Complexity and Design), the Netherlands, Germany (Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, Institute for Electrotechnology), France (Capon&Rault Avocats (Lawfirm)), University of Valenciennes and Hainaut-Cambresis).
The Russian Federation was represented by scientists and specialists of the leading scientific, research and production organizations and enterprises, institutions of higher professional education and public authorities from all over the country, from St. Petersburg to Vladivostok:
- Moscow – Russian Center for Environmental Policy, Moscow Technological University (MIREA), Bauman Moscow State Technical University, Moscow Polytechnic University, Trapeznikov Institute of Control Sciences (RAS), Lomonosov Moscow State University, Rocket and Space Corporation “Energia”, Gagarin Research&Test Cosmonaut Training Center, BDO Unicon, Department of Management and Development of Information Resources of the Agroindustrial Complex of the Ministry of Agriculture of Russia, Federal State Budgetary Institution «Spetstsentruchet in the agro-industrial complex», Russian State Agrarian University — Moscow Timiryazev Agricultural Academy;
- St. Petersburg — St. Petersburg State University of Civil Aviation, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, The Federal State Institution of Science St. Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of the Russian Academy of Sciences, St. Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation, Military District of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation;
- Vladivostok — Far Eastern Federal University;
- Ekaterinburg— Ural State University of Railway Transport;
- Irkutsk — Melentiev Energy Systems Institute Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Kazan — Kazan (Privolzhsky) Federal University;
- Kaluga — Tsiolkovsky Kaluga State University;
- Kursk — South-Western State University;
- Novosibirsk – Novosibirsk State Technical University, Institute of Automation and Electrometry of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk State University;
- Samara — Institute for the Control of Complex Systems of the Russian Academy of Sciences (ICCS RAS), Samara State Technical University (Flagship University), Samara Univeristy (Korolev Samara National Research University), Volga State University of Telecommunications and Informatics, Samara State University of Communications, Samara State Social and Pedagogical University, Ministry of Education and Science of the Samara Region, Administration of the Governor of the Samara Region, Software Engineering Company «Smart Solutions», Software Engineering Company «Network-Centric Platforms», Software Engineering Company «Smart Transport Systems», Samara Branch of the Interregional public organization humanitarian and political center «Strategy», LLC, «Inter-Service», LLC, «Trans-Mobile Spedition», LLC, «Orlovka» — agro-innovation center «, LLC, «National Movement of Conservation Farming;
- Stary Oskol – Ugarov Stary Oskol Technological Institute;
- Tver — Tver State Technical University;
- Ufa — Ufa State Aviation Technical University, JSC «Molniya»;
- Yaroslavl — Yaroslavl State Technical University, etc.
The conference proceedings (601 pages) has been published, containing 85 papers of the leading Russian and foreign scientists and specialists.
The conference was opened on September 12, 2017 by the plenary session. The majority of the papers were dedicated to the memory of the initiator and the permanent chairman of the Conference Organizing Committee, Professor Vladimir Vittikh, as well as problems of control and modeling in complex systems of different nature.
On August 18, 2017 a wonderful man, a true scientist, a talented teacher, and a gifted jazz musician Vladimir Andreevich Vittikh passed away at the age of 77.
Professor Vittikh was one of the pioneers of automation of scientific research in Russia. In the distant 1987, he created the first academic institute in Samara — the Kuibyshev branch of the Institute of Mechanical Engineering named after Blagonravov of the USSR Academy of Sciences. In 1996, he revived it in the new status of an independent scientific institution — the Institute for the Control of Complex Systems of the Russian Academy of Sciences (ICCS RAS). He led this Institute through the difficult years of restructuring and turmoil in the late 90s — early 2000s and until the last days of his life remained the ideological inspirer and generator of new, sometimes revolutionary, ideas in control of complex systems.
Cherished and loving memory of Vladimir Andreevich Vittikh will forever remain in our hearts.
The plenary report, prepared by Professor Vittikh and presented by Tatiana Moiseeva, has shown that the deepening gap between the » the world of everyday life» and «the world of systems» requires the search for new concepts, approaches, and management methodologies. The requirements of modern scientific post-nonclassical rationality are met by a new scientific field, developed at the Institute for the Control of Complex Systems (RAS) under the leadership of Vladimir Vittikh. His works laid the foundation for the new science, evergetics, the relationship of which with classical management can be explained by the principle of complementarity (by analogy with the theory of complementarity of corpuscular and wave processes of N. Bohr).
The evergetics theme was continued by Professor Petr Skobelev, who determined the link between evergetics — a new science about management of organizations of people in the era of the Internet of Things — with the emerging concept Industry 5.0.
Petr Skobelev emphasized that models, methods and means of evergetics are already successfully used in Industry 4.0 in industrial intelligent enterprise management systems based on multi-agent technology. Moreover, creation of knowledge bases and intelligent systems for managing people’s daily activities is on the agenda. In such systems, each person is represented by his agent on the Web. Thus, the development of evergetics requires further development of models, methods and means for decision-making support in consensus between people and things. Further perspectives are associated with creating and developing self-learning «emergent intelligence» to support collective solution of complex problems by actors in various sectors.
Sergei Smirnov in his report «Evergetics and Semantic Identification of Subject Domains of Modeling and Control» showed how the idea of merging ontologies developed on the basis of analysis of formal concepts and a model of collective perception of the problem situation was born as the basis for computer representation and use of knowledge in evergetics. Thus, actors in a problem situation are forced to solve the problem of semantic identification of the relevant domain of modeling and control.
Dr. J. Mau (Professor of the Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, Institute for Electrotechnology, Germany) made a presentation «Behavior, Society and Neuroexperimentation», providing a new perspective of such a complex system as the human being. His approach is based on application of Wiener’s cybernetics as an approach reviewing emerging properties based on the structure of functional connections between interacting components, regardless of their physical realization, and, consequently, not only in relation to the society, but also to the single individual.
For the first time at the conference, the format of a video conference using Skype technology was used. French colleague Damien Trentesaux raised a very important topic, discussions on which are just starting today. This topic is the ethics of behavior of autonomous non-military, cyberphysical systems, which should be the object of scientific research in order to draw the attention of scientists to the problem of interaction between robots and man and his environment.
The conference included the following sections:
- Management processes in the society,
- Intelligent technologies in complex systems,
- Control and optimization methods in complex technical systems,
- Measuring, control and diagnostics in extreme conditions,
- Information and control systems in climatically optimized plant growing, monitoring of resources and crops.
Particular attention was paid to the new technology for managing agricultural production on the principles of lean manufacturing, real-time economy and environmental efficiency. Participants discussed measures aimed at improving the quality of agricultural production and its effectiveness:
- FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization) approach to the use of technical monitoring for forecasting yields, assessment of soil conditions and preparation,
- recommendations for adjusting the effects of climate change,
- innovative management systems in agriculture, software products,
- management solutions for economic and environmental efficiency of production,
- modern solutions in efficiency management in crop production.
Representatives of Software Engineering Company «Smart Solutions», Software Engineering Company «Network-Centric Platforms», Software Engineering Company «Smart Transport Systems» made the following presentations:
- OPERATIONAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT OF ENTERPRISE ‘SHOPS ON THE BASIS OF MULTI-AGENT APPROACH (P.O. Skobelev, A.A. Zhilyaev, I.V. Mayorov, V.G. Eliseev, V.S. Travin, E.V. Simonova) – presented by Igor Mayorov, section «Intelligent technologies in complex systems»;
- DESIGNING MULTI-AGENT PROJECT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR AEROSPACE APPLICATIONS (P.O. Skobelev, S.S. Kozhevnikov, I.V. Mayorov, D.P. Polyudov, E.V. Simonova) — presented by Sergey Kozhevnikov, section «Intelligent technologies in complex systems»;
- DESIGNING TANDEM PLAN FOR COMPLETE SETTLEMENT AND COURIER INTRA-CITY CARGO TRANSPORTATION IN THE SPECIAL VRPTW PROBLEM OF FOOD DELIVERY (P.O. Skobelev, A.N. Lada, I.V. Orlov) — presented by Alexander Lada, section «Intelligent technologies in complex systems»;
- BEHAVIOR STRATEGY OF AUTONOMOUS ROBOTS IN AGGRESSIVE ENVIRONMENT: SITUATIONAL AWARENESS AND SELF-ORGANIZATION (V.K. Abrosimov, A.N. Mochalkin, P.O. Skobelev) — presented by Alexander Mochalkin, section «Control and Optimization Methods in Complex Technical Systems»;
- IMPLEMENTATION OF THE EXPERIMENTAL VERSION OF ADAPTIVE PLANNING MODULE OF FLIGHT OPERATIONS FOR THE RUSSIAN SEGMENT OF THE INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION (A.M. Belyaev, G.D. Solovieva, O.I. Lakhin, Y.V. Mironov) — presented by Oleg Lakhin, section «Control and Optimization Methods in Complex Technical Systems»;
- DESIGNING INFORMATION-CONTROL SYSTEM FOR CLIMATE-OPTIMIZED AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION BASED ON THE PRINCIPLES OF ECOLOGICAL AND ECONOMIC EFFICIENCY (L.V. Orlova, V.A. Vittikh, S.Yu. Borovik, P.O. Skobelev, D.S. Budaev, A.N. Mochalkin) – presented by Denis Budaev, section «Information and control systems in climatically optimized plant growing, monitoring of resources and crops»;
- PROBLEMS OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION, SOFTWARE PRODUCTS, MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS FOR ECONOMIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL EFFICIENCY (L.V. Orlova, P.O. Skobelev, D.S. Budaev) – presented by Lyudmila Orlova, section «Information and control systems in climatically optimized plant growing, monitoring of resources and crops».